Vantage Vehicle Conversions is seeing considerable growth driven by its expertise in welfare van conversions, a trend that is set to continue according to Managing Director, Mark Cheshire.
Vantage has just completed a fleet of welfare vehicles based on Mercedes Sprinters, which will hit the road later this month. These vehicles offer a combination of facilities essential for teams working in remote locations – including a toilet/washroom, small kitchen area with sink (with hot & cold water) and microwave, plus a dedicated office space, with seating area, table, racking shelving and storage.
Mark Cheshire, Managing Director commented:
‘Over the last year we’ve seen an increase in demand for Welfare Vehicles from Councils, Police Authorities, Construction and Civil Engineering companies who need to provide welfare services to their mobile teams. Conversions vary from the installation of a single welfare unit with a sink with hot and cold water, to complete van conversions including additional seating, office space, a water boiler for drinks, microwave, racking, shelving and storage. These welfare vehicles can be fitted with additional interior and external lighting, enhanced electrics with battery backup and can be insulated for effective temperature regulation, making them incredibly versatile in remote locations.
At Vantage we understand that welfare vehicles need to be tailored to the specific requirements of the client’s mobile workforce, and that’s why each vehicle is built to the clients exact requirements, with our expert team providing advice on layout and features.’
Welfare van conversions can be designed as a one-off, or for fleets and typically include the following:
- 12V cool box;
- 12V water boiler, providing hot water to a hand wash basin or for hot drinks;
- Microwave oven, 230V unit powered via inverter with circuit protection and distribution;
- 12V accessory sockets;
- Auxiliary batteries;
- Split charge unit with auxiliary battery protection and DC circuit protection;
- Vehicle heater;
- Strong and secure mounting for bracketry and mountings for equipment;
- Additional interior 12V lighting and external lighting;
- Step and handle at side door, for easy access;
- Additional seating and office space;
- Installation of side windows with privacy options;