Vehicle Tracking Systems
As part of your van conversion Vantage can install a vehicle tracking system – a valuable tool in the effective management of your fleet or lone workers.
Knowing where your workers are and what they do with your work vehicle is an important part of managing road-related risk. Should an incident occur, through your vehicle tracking data the business can provide relevant evidence. Furthermore, knowing that a vehicle is being tracked is also often a deterrent to drivers using the vehicle for unauthorised/private mileage.
Vehicle tracking systems also allow you to identify high-risk drivers defined by their driving behaviour as excessive speed, harsh braking, harsh acceleration and engine idling detection, are monitored.
By effectively using the data provided by your vehicle tracking system a business can see a complete picture of its vehicle usage, identifying vehicle and driver under-utilisation and unauthorised usage. This information allows businesses to make informed decisions that improve efficiency.
Vehicle tracking systems can:
- Find the nearest vehicle to any location instantly;
- Detect excessive overtime hours;
- Automatically calculate time sheets with accurate start/finish times;
- Eliminate excessive and unnecessary stop times.
Saving Money and the Environment
Making informed decisions based on your vehicle tracking date will make your fleet more environmentally friendly by:
- Facilitating a reduction in fuel consumption by planning journeys more efficiently;
- Identifying and prohibiting unauthorised journeys and highlighting out of hours journeys;
- Identifying inappropriate driving behavior, and investing in training to improve driving skills that are high risk or simply waste fuel (or both);
- Saving fuel and time by identifying the nearest vehicles and directing the closest vehicle to the job.
To learn more about how a vehicle tracking device can be fitted as part of your van conversion please contact Vantage by email or please call us on 01952 680433.